PG Diploma in Telemedicine and Medical Informatics
Catering to the growing need for tech-savvy professionals in Telemedicine and Medical Informatics, this course attempts to bridge the gap between healthcare professionals and medical technology.
6 Months - Regular
Designed and formulated by professionals well versed in Information Technology and Medicine, this course provides:
- The knowledge to identify, plan, implement and use computer-based information systems in all areas of the healthcare industry - including hospitals and government bodies
- An understanding of various types of information systems used in the healthcare context
- Awareness of the role of hardware and software in healthcare situations
- An understanding of the system development lifecycle, data and process modeling techniques and the skills to use these in the analysis of healthcare systems
- The skills to develop healthcare related databases
- The skills to evaluate health information systems successfully.
The course methodology involves a combination of lectures and hands-on computer exercises. Participants will be introduced to the conceptual and technical components of Medical Informatics and Telemedicine systems and operations.
The conceptual components include
- Principles of database design
- Human-computer interfaces
- Medical vocabularies and coding systems
- Medical decision analysis methods
- Evaluation methods in Medical Informatics
- Strategies for designing and managing clinical information systems.
The technical components include
- Use of the Internet for bio-medical applications
- Current and emerging wide area network technologies
- Use of literature and molecular sequence databases
- Enterprise-wide clinical data systems
- Systems for Telemedicine.
Hands-on workshops to impart personal computer skills such as creation of World Wide Web pages, linkage of web pages to databases, and use of digital multimedia and imaging solutions also form a part of the program.
Our faculty is engaged in routine day-to-day practice of Medicine and Information Technology – and the course material contains information tested in the frontline and practice situation.