Services and Solutions
Problems and the KTL Solution
How to use communications and networking to achieve strategic business advantage:
Service providers offer a complete suite of data networking services, such as IP-VPNs, Internet access, broadband access, Frame Relay, ATM, Ethernet Private Line & LAN, Ethernet Virtual Private Line and Ethernet Virtual Private LAN Services.
Additionally, this benefits enterprises requiring carrier-grade data networking solutions for critical services.
How to manage the proliferation of voice, video and data capabilities along with fiber, cable and wireless:
KTL has service delivery and applications technology expertise that leverages the combination of experience across the breadth of both telecom and IT technologies to provide services and solutions to cater to the convergence of telecom and IT for multimedia service delivery.
It focuses on the service layer of carrier networks, ranging from legacy intelligent networks to next-generation application servers and service delivery platforms for converged networks.
Network technology is increasingly complex, and the seamless integration of that technology into your environment can present many challenges. The decision to move forward with a particular vendor solution or refresh your current environment is only the beginning of the design process. A range of integration activities needs to be addressed so that the new technology is implemented without disruption to production services. Key among these is having a comprehensive migration plan when considering a new LAN or WAN architecture.
KTL Consulting Services can provide you with optimal and cost-effective solution architecture, combined with a structured approach for integration.
During our Architecture and Integration engagements, we typically:
- Validate requirements, including reviewing the suitability of the manufacturer's Bill of Materials to current business needs
- Create configuration standards
- Develop test plans (network and end user)
- Develop integration and migration plans
- Define processes for operations turnover
- Develop as-built documentation
- Perform knowledge transfer to key stakeholders
Technology areas for our Architecture and Integration services include:
- LAN (IP Routing Architecture, Layer 2 Switching)
- WAN (MPLS VPN, IPSEC VPN, Traditional VPN)
- WLAN (Wi-Fi, WiMAX, Fixed Mobility Convergence)
- Optical (DWDM, SONET)
- Content Delivery (Multimedia IP Communications, Application Acceleration)
- Integrates new network technologies without impacting production services
- Reduces cost by defining standardized configurations
- Reduces risk by ensuring a smooth migration and handoff to operations.
- Content Networking Architecture & Integration
- LAN/ WAN Architecture & Integration
- MPLS Architecture & Integration
- Optical Architecture & Integration
- Quality of Service (QoS) Architecture & Integration
- Wireless LAN Architecture & Integration
How to build the right networking environment to optimize capital investments and costs:
Data networking support is an integral part of our strategy that enables service providers to consolidate their disparate data networking technologies and converge their mission-critical voice and wireless traffic over a common infrastructure for additional cost savings, irrespective of whether the infrastructure is based on IP, ATM, MPLS or Ethernet in the Metro area. The IP Multimedia Carrier Infrastructure practice focuses on Soft Switches, SIP servers, Media Gateways, Media Servers, bandwidth management, policy, decision, functions, VoIP quality.
KTL currently provides end-to-end design, system integration, consulting, software release management and support for carriers and enterprise Products lines. Large-scale IP transformation is complex, and requires a broad set of inter-related activities to address:
- Business Transformation – Developing the transformation business case for the end customer
- Network Transformation – Designing and implementing a flexible IP network that meets all the customer’s needs for flexibility and growth
- Service Transformation – Providing the capability to enable rapid service creation
- Program Management – Managing interdependencies to meet timeline and cost constraints.
We specialize in the following areas:
- Strategic Convergence Planning for next-generation IP and Quality of Service Wide Area Networks
- Evaluation of IP Telephony readiness and development of an "IP Telephony Total Cost of Ownership Analysis"
- Enterprise Wireless Optimization and Planning
- RFP Management and Contract Negotiations
- Benchmarking of current Call Center Operations and Strategic Roadmap Planning
- Enterprise Inventory of Communications Services and Assets, and Optimization Evaluation for Cost Reductions
- Strategic and Business Continuity Planning for Data Centers
How to ensure that you are getting the most cost-effective performance from your network?
With many years of experience in helping organizations manage their application portfolios, KTL can offer the help you need to maintain and manage your applications, while allowing you to reduce costs and shift your resources to the core activities that drives to the success of your business.
KTL Application Out-Tasking Services can help you with:
- Flexible sourcing options that are designed to let you out-task on a per-application basis
- Deep expertise in managing both package applications from major ISVs and customized Web and legacy applications
- A choice of pricing structures that let you fit out-tasking services into almost any budget
- A global delivery model that provides a unique combination of local, regional and global resources and expertise
- Comprehensive governance standards
- Proven industry experience and relevant application and technical knowledge.
Where can you find the skills to handle the new complex communications and networking technologies?
KTL has a worldwide presence and has the resources to provide feasible economic solutions for any telecommunication problems.
We are unique in our ability to apply practical experience and expertise in voice, data and infrastructure disciplines. This breadth of skills and resources enables KTL Consulting to deliver complete communications solutions. System Integration: Vendor evaluation, adaptor development, network integration, service dimensioning, Products customization. Verification & Validation: Products verification, application testing, interoperability testing, regression testing and test automation. Products Support: Products maintenance & bug fixing (L3/ L4 support), Products care & field support (L1/ L2 support). Technology Assessment and Forecast.
- Analysis of Pioneering User Experience with the New Technology Products
- Cost-benefit Analysis of Potential Applications of the New Technology Products/services
- Forecast of Impacts - Revenue increase or cost-reductions - of New Technology Implementation.
KTL Testing Services collaborates with you to provide high-performing, cost-effective industry solutions that help accelerate delivery, improve quality and enhance the support of complex systems. We provide a range of testing services from staff augmentation to discrete project work and a complete outsourcing of all your testing needs.
With increased system complexity, stricter regulatory demands, need for speed and efficiency, high quality testing is more critical than ever. High-quality testing requires skilled resources, the right processes, effective tools, and a focus on continuous improvement. It also requires a partner that collaborates with you to address your unique requirements - someone who understands your industry and exhibits confidence in your testing situation. KTL Testing Services delivers all of these and more.